Job Title: Design Engineer, Embedded Software
The Embedded Software Design Engineer will work with a team of talented and dedicated people to develop electronic products for OEMs in industrial, foodservice, computing and medical markets. You will develop embedded software systems including requirements specifications, system design, software design, source code, design verification test plans and documentation. The successful candidate will excel in a high-energy small team environment, be able to create to solutions from rough requirements, have a commitment to high product quality and have the ability to make work fun and interesting.
- Creates new embedded system software designs, including requirements specifications and system models, and verifies the feasibility of the concept using systems analysis and simulations.
- Implements and verifies new embedded software systems and embedded software designs including specifications, requirements analysis, design, coding, design verification test specifications and design verification test results.
- Develop software in assembly language, C, C++, and other languages.
- Participate in design reviews and coordinate with team members to assure that designs meet system goals.
- Works with management to present project proposals including the design concept, statement of work, schedule and budget to the customer.
- Participates in customer and project team meetings to ensure schedule milestones, budget and customer expectations are met.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant discipline and a minimum of 3 years of design engineering experience
- Experience with C language development and assembly level including the tools used to edit, compile/assemble and debug code in an embedded environment
- Experience in developing, testing and documenting embedded system code for microcontroller based environments
- Experience with communication and networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, USB and CANBus
- Experience working with real-time operating systems such as MQX and uC/OS-II
- Experience working with wireless system protocols such as Bluetooth, WiFi, and 802.15.4
- Strong background debugging microcontroller and embedded hardware systems
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects involving a variety of resources with defined deadlines/schedules
To apply, submit resume to:
Steven Schiedemeyer, Director of Engineering, SMT Engineering LLC. StevenS@teamsmt.com