Job Title: Design Engineer, Electronic Hardware Job Description
The Electronics Hardware Design Engineer will work with a team of talented and dedicated people to develop electronic products for OEMs in industrial, foodservice, computing and medical markets. You will develop electronic hardware systems including requirements specifications, system design, circuit designs, design verification test plans and documentation. The successful candidate will excel in a high-energy small team environment, be able to create to solutions from rough requirements, have a commitment to high product quality and have the ability to make work fun and interesting.
- Creates new embedded system hardware designs, including requirements specifications and system models, and verifies the feasibility of the concept using systems analysis and simulations.
- Implements and verifies new electronic hardware systems including specifications, requirements analysis, design, design verification test specifications and design verification test results.
- Develop hardware designs using schematic capture and PCB design software.
- Participate in design reviews and coordinate with team members to assure that designs meet system goals.
- Works with management to present project proposals including the design concept, statement of work, schedule and budget to the customer.
- Participates in customer and project team meetings to ensure schedule milestones, budget and customer expectations are met.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant discipline and a minimum of 3 years of design engineering experience
- Experience with microcontroller and microprocessor circuits
- Analog signal conditioning and control system design
- Power conversion for electronic controls, including
o AC/DC and DC/DC converters, typically low to medium power
o Brushless DC motor drives
o Power supplies and drivers for LED lighting
o Battery charging and management circuits
- RF experience is a plus (802.15.4 RFICs, WiFi, Bluethooth, Zigbee)
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects involving a variety of resources with defined deadlines/schedules
To apply, submit resume to:
Steven Schiedemeyer, Director of Engineering, SMT Engineering LLC.