Position Title: Cost Accountant (View this Job Opportunity on LinkedIn)
Report to: Controller
The Cost Accountant is a key member of the Accounting team and will work closely with manufacturing operations to support cost improvement measurements and metrics.
- Provide financial and administrative support to manufacturing operations on a daily, weekly, monthly basis including monitoring operating expenses and tracking metrics.
- Provides detail analysis of monthly material, labor and manufacturing variances.
- Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- General clerical, bookkeeping, cost accounting and accounting duties using MAS500 System & Peachtree.
- Participates in month-end processes and perform necessary analysis and reporting,
- Prepares /reviews balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Previous accounting/manufacturing experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Intermediate level of analytical skills
- Intermediate level of organization skills
- Experience with job costing
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment