Surface Mount Technology Corporation (SMT) offers world-class quality Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) in conjunction with outstanding individual customer service tailored to each customer’s needs. The ability to assist in all stages of production and a product life cycle allow SMT to provide value added solutions that can improve product time to market, increase quality levels all while reducing total cost. Select below to learn more about SMT’s capabilities, quality, offshore production, and re-manufacturing services.
- SMT Capabilities
Surface Mount Technology Corporation (SMT) is committed to being a leader in the electronic contract manufacturing industry. SMT constantly updates equipment and internal processes to maintain that position. Contact SMT for more information on all service offerings.
- Fully ESD and climate controlled manufacturing environment
- Material logistics and distribution solutions available
- On site test fixture development
- Access to off-shore manufacturing capabilities
- Dedicated facility operating 3 shifts, 24 hours per day
- ITAR secured facility
- Surface Mount (SMT) – Through Hole (TH) – Flex Circuit Board Assembly
- BGA/Flip Chip – 0201 Components
- Automated Conformal Coating
- Aqueous Wash Systems
- X-ray – AOI – In-Circuit – Functional Testing
- DFM, DFP, DFR, DFT – UL File Management
- Global Distribution Management and Logistics
- Higher Level Assembly (HLA/ Box Build)
- System Level Testing
Surface Mount Technology Corporation (SMT) treats quality with the utmost importance as represented by the stringent certifications maintained. In addition to these certifications, SMT has met the standards of many demanding customer driven qualification processes. Although these certifications are necessary, even more important is the mentality of each SMT employee who understands that quality is at the forefront of everything that SMT produces for its customers. Operating under Lean Manufacturing, 5S Principles and proper Process Controls, SMT can be sure that quality levels continue to exceed customer expectations.
SMT Certifications Include:
SMT Quality Policy
To provide a product or service which meets or exceeds our customer needs, at competitive prices, and deliver a customer defined, defect free product or service in a timely manner. Committed to the safety of our employees. Comply with all government regulations regarding responsible recycling, prevention of pollution, and the efficient use of energy. Continually strive to improve the effectiveness of the Integrated Quality Management System.
In an effort to better meet customer needs, SMT provides offshore manufacturing partnerships in Malaysia and Switzerland. This service targets low-volume, high mix, and high-volume productions.
Each offshore production is overseen by SMT’s program managers to ensure high levels of quality and customer satisfaction. Partnering with global manufacturers allows SMT to continue to be cost efficient while striving to meet customers’ global needs.
Some of the main industries that can be serviced offshore are telecommunications, medical, industrial, and consumer.
- Printed Circuit Board Assembly (fully RoHS-compliant)
- Advanced SMT capability including BGA, COB
- Mixed SMT/THT assembly, low-volume, high mix, and high volume
- Plastic Injection Molding
- System assembly – Box build of finished products
- Turnkey supply chain management solutions
- Conformal Coating
- ICT / FCT C hardware / software development
- CDMA & GSM testing
- On-line ERP system
- 0402 / 0201 chip counting
- On-line AOI
- Selective wave soldering process
- Lead-free soldering process
Surface Mount Technology Corporation (SMT) re-manufacturing services are designed to accommodate each customer’s unique requirements. The re-manufacturing process allows custom units to be examined, repaired and then sold by customers as refurbished units at a reduced cost to the end user. In addition to being a cost saving solution it also increases customer satisfaction and helps keep electronic equipment out of landfills.
In most cases re-manufacturing success comes from careful planning during earlier stages of product development which allow for easier diagnostic and repair procedures. If these items are not taken into account early during design, the ability to perform re-manufacturing work can be
Why consider Re-manufacturing
- Implement improvements not available at time of original design
- Allow the OEM or distribution chain to offer lower cost service option
- Maintains customer loyalty to OEM product line
- OEM warranty may be extended
- Offers an environmentally responsible option for service and repair