Surface Mount Technology Corporation (SMT) has a rich history of growth and development in electronic design and contract manufacturing services industry. Founded in 1997, SMT had one goal: Provide world-class electronic engineering, prototyping, and manufacturing services.
Growing rapidly since its inception, SMT has exponentially expanded its size with additions to engineering and manufacturing spaces in 2005 and again in 2010. These expansions, along with a dedication to customer service, allowed SMT to service customers in the industrial, medical, telecommunications, automotive, and consumer industries.
After gaining ITAR certification in 2008, SMT was able to expand into government/military and high reliability marketplaces.
Receipt of ISO 14001 certification in 2014 put SMT in a class of environmentally responsible manufacturers committed to sustainable practices.
- 2017 – SMT Celebrates 20 years of Electronic Manufacturing and Design services.
- 2016 – SMT featured in both the Post-Crescent and Green Bay Press-Gazette
- 2016 – SMT Receives ISO 13485 Certification
- 2014 – SMT featured on CBS segment “Made in Wisconsin”
- 2014 – SMT receives ISO 14001 Certification
- 2011 – SMT featured as July cover story for Insight Magazine
- 2010 – SMT puts on addition bringing manufacturing space to 60,000 Sq. Ft. total
- 2010 – SMT Engineering expands office space by 6,000 Sq. Ft.
- 2010 – SMT develops and implements IPC 610 Class 3 “Training & Certification” program
- 2008 – SMT obtains International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) Certification
- 2007 – SMT listed in Inc. Magazine as one of “Fastest Growing Private Co.’s in America”
- 2005 – SMT expands engineering office space by 3,000 Sq. Ft.
- 2005 – SMT purchases 2nd Electronic Design company
- 2002 – SMT moves to new state of the art location, fully owned by SMT
- 2002 – SMT receives Fox Cities “Small Business of the Year” Award
- 2000 – SMT purchases Lakeshore Electronic Design
- 1998 – SMT obtains ISO 9001 certification
- 1997 – SMT starts business in a 6,000 Sq. Ft. leased facility